The Red Dye Free Store - Where to find products without synthetic Dyes

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Red meat color injections: eww! (Updated June 26th)

Red meat color injections: eww!

Shared via AddThis

Salmon and red meat are becoming another hot topic. Should I buy Farm-raised Salmon or Wild Salmon? Should I buy organic meat, grass-fed cattle, grain-fed cattle, or any red meat? The reasons why I care about these questions are that both Salmon and red meat can be altered with synthetic red dye. Red dye has been known to increase hyperactivity in children but other symptoms listed on this blog as well. In the link below, I learned that the red juice in the freshly packaged meats is really just red dye and that the color of the meat and the juice is not in nature that color. I always thought that the red meat with it's red juices indicated a fresher, healthier cut of meat. I began to get skeptical about that after removing synthetic (man-made) artificial colors from our diet.
http://www.arizonaadvancedmedicine.com/articles/salmon_and_red_meat.html

That lead me to wonder where to find meat that is not altered in this manner. A friend of mine mentioned GreenWise meat from Publix. I bought some for dinner last night. It didn't have any juices in the package. The meat looked good. The label said the following:
"
Publix GreenWise Market, USDA CHOICE BEEF,
raised without Antibiotics, No Added Hormones,
Vegetarian Diet, No Artificial Ingredients or Preservatives."
It was a little pricier than the other steaks, but the difference was a better tasting meat (in my opinion) and a much healthier option. The steaks that I bought from Publix in the past month (not GreenWise) were in packages with red juice (most likely red dye) and we had to return several because some of them smelled bad. A few of them were discolored and had a purplish hue and smelled. I was reluctant to buy more meat from Publix until I tried the GreenWise meat. I would recommend this brand to others.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for maintaining such a great blog... I came here searching on red dye in wild-caught salmon. Do you know of more specific information about wild-caught salmon, red dye, and the chemical composition of such dyes?

    Have you read Eating Fossil Fuels?

    Are you a subscriber to Mike Adams' Natural News? I highly recommend it.

    Recently, I created a YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JahrunChilamBalam where I will be posting my first video today.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your information. I have been looking for this type of information that is interesting and good, Thanks again and looking forward for your post on making more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated about this I would like to hear more on this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hh its really cool to have such amazing post Thanks and regards..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have went through this site and found it very significant in term of creating awareness.
    herniated disc surgery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent information, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I’m impressed with this informative blog, and in fact you have a genius mind. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I never knew that, this is by far one of the most comprehensive posts i've seen here and look forward to more of the you have always nice things to post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your blog it is a serious topic to know about.Because of your post i know about red meet now.Please keep us up to date.I want to know more about red meet.

    Thanks and regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    This is a site for church worship software
    you get more information about Redding Wedding Photographer
    and Naples Wedding Photography is a great photography site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this blog. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something that’s eyes opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. iUniverse

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do I tell if its ted 40 free? Do they all say no artificial ingredients? Me and all 3 of my kids get panic attack and agression from injesting red.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Here is an easy way to share this blog with others!

Bookmark and Share