The Red Dye Free Store - Where to find products without synthetic Dyes

Monday, March 2, 2009

Write Some People - Make a Change!

From time to time I try to email some of the food companies so that they will acknowledge the fact that we consumers are not satisfied with their current products. Here are just a few examples of some of the emails that I sent and the responses that I have recieved. I sure hope they are as sincere as they sound!

A Cut Version of the Original Message From: Mom4Change>>Originated by Consumer
My children no longer eat any fruit snacks or other products containing dyes. Will you be making a product that uses beet juice or other natural dyes to color your snacks? My children asked me to write to you because their behavior is adversely affected by red dye 40 and other dyes. Parents are becoming increasingly aware of the harmful affects that these dyes have on their children's behavior. Parents are blogging about avoiding these foods because we see first hand what it does to our children regardless of what is approved or not by law. We look forward to seeing new labels and having our children have more choices. :

The following is a response from General Mills regarding artificial colors:
Corporate.Response@genmills.com to me
show details Feb 6
Reply
Dear Mom4Change:

Thank you for contacting General Mills. Your comments are important to us.

We are committed to making a difference in the lives of our consumers. Feedback such as yours is important to the nature of our business.

We appreciate your loyalty and the time you took to contact us. Please be assured that we will share your thoughts with the appropriate individuals.

Sincerely,

K. Smith
Consumer Services


My son asked me to email Nestle and ask if they could take out Red Dye 40.
Here is a reply the I received from Nestle:
Nestlebeverage@casupport.com to me
show details Feb 5

Reply
Nestlebeverage@casupport.com
February 5, 2009
Dear Mom4Change,
Thank you for taking the time to contact NestlĂ©® Nesquik® strawberry regarding your suggestion to offer our product without red dye 40. We welcome questions and comments from loyal consumers and appreciate this opportunity to assist you.
We would like to assure you that we have reported your comments to our Marketing department. We are committed to providing you with products that live up to your high standards for taste, quality, nutrition and enjoyment - in short, "the very best."
We appreciate your interest in our products and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.
Sincerely,B. Watson
Consumer Response RepresentativeRef #:16514687

4 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO! We need more people to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I appreciate that! I liked your last post which included a link to find out if artificial colors were used in the ingredients of many popular restaurants. I am still wondering what is in Shlotsky's Deli ingredients. I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The responses from both of the manufacturers is the same - not offering any solutions! One of my sons is ADD (mostly just a problem focusing and comprehending), he does pretty well in school because I work with him (a lot of repetition) if I cut out foods containing red dye - (good thing he likes fruit) - he seems to do much better. I also have two other children, who don't have ADD, and I notice a great improvment in their behavior if they don't get a lot of red dye foods. I think a company that specialized in dye free, good for you type foods (that kids would like) would make a fortune and I can't understand why someone wouldn't produce a whole line of foods like that!
    We need more people to be aware that for some kids, it only takes a very small amount of dyes to affect them - if you're able to eliminate all of it, your kid could only benefit. Thanks for your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacks Mom you are more than welcome! :) Your response made my day! Lets get the word out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Here is an easy way to share this blog with others!

Bookmark and Share