The Red Dye Free Store - Where to find products without synthetic Dyes

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The School Challenge!

The School Challenge!

Greetings to all Principals, Faculty, and members of the Food Services for School! I challenge all of you to create healthier food choices in your schools. The benefits will be great! Please take the time to look at these three links.
The first one is a slide show and has statistics to show how much each school improved after making only food changes in their schools. (Very Impressive!)
http://www.school-lunch.org/fairfax.html (#11 on my Links and Videos section)
The next one is information on How to Change a School's Food Program. http://www.school-lunch.org/schools/intro.html (see #10 on my Links and Videos section)
And this last one is titled, Matthew's Story and is about a little boy who experiences the effects that artificial dyes have on his behavior http://www.school-lunch.org/school.html (See #9 on My Links and Videos section).
This could be my child's story and a number of others as well. You have the chance to make a significant change in the lives of the children who are in your care. You might know a problem child who has always acted aggressively and defiant change into a sweet wonderful kid. You might notice how that child is now completing his work and is able to focus better than before. You might even see a smile where that dye-induced frown used to be. I challenge you to make a change - our children are counting on you. :)
Are you up for the challenge? I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see a mother like myself who wants to get the chemicals out of school lunches, not just for my child but for everyone elses!
    You have even more information then I had. It is nice to see a parent do some good research. Have you looked into BHT, BHA, BHQT? My child has problems with these perservatives. They are in all breakfast cereals except cheerios. So if you notice a better child during breakfast one morning and a different one after breakfast another morning check the preservatives. See if that helps the ADHD. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! I am always grateful to see another mother spreading the news. I did notice a difference with Cookie Crisp cereal. I have been trying the more organic cereals and healthier options. Today I found Cocoa Bumpers cereal that my son would eat. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. The Feingold diet has a lot to say about nutrition and the diet for children with ADD or ADHD. Thanks, Cayla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Here is an easy way to share this blog with others!

Bookmark and Share